UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH of PATERSON
United Presbyterian Church (U.P.C.) (formerly Church of the Redeemer and Church of the Messiah has been part of the community of Paterson since it opened its Sunday school class doors for the first time on May 11, 1886. Since then, it has been sharing the Word of Christ, and witnessing to the community in the form of worship, adult and children’s’ Sunday school, a youth mentoring program, recreational programs, and service.
The name United Presbyterian Church was borne out of the merger of the Church of the Messiah/Redeemer, Central Presbyterian and Madison Avenue Presbyterian churches in 1991. At the time of the merger the church boasted a diverse population ranging from Caucasian, Hispanic, and African American. Currently African Americans, Caribbean Americans make up the majority of the church body.
UPC-PatersonCorner of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Way and Rosa Parks Boulevard